Monday, August 26, 2013

Why did that Convention have Yarn?

It wasn't a fiber fest, even a ren faire. It was an anime convention, containing all things nerdy, video games, and japanese.
Sure I was expecting knitted objects in the Artist's Alley, there's always amigurumi or crocheted custom objects. But I wasn't expecting handspun. Beautiful bulky expensive handspun, in rainbow sugar rush colors.
Then again!
I came back to explore more booths and found more.
Lots of excitement both finds, connecting to the artisans who I'm sure were surprised at the sales.
The bulky "Sweet Tooth" was barely enough for a hat that I almost immediately cast on.
So I had to pick up from the bottom with a dull blue alpaca mix. The colors turned out so rainbowy, it nearly turned me into a process knitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment